If you have missing teeth, it is important that you get them replaced as soon as possible. Having missing teeth can cause many challenges with your oral health and everyday life. Many patients choose to replace their teeth with dentures in Winnipeg because they are a cheaper method of restoration. However, the long-term cost savings and benefits of investing in other dental restorations such as dental implants are well worth the initial cost. In this blog post, our team at All Seasons Dental Clinic breaks down the negative effects of dentures and some of the benefits of dental implants.
What Are the Drawbacks of Removable Dentures?
Due to the advances in restorative dentistry, there are now more options than ever when it comes to restoring missing teeth. Despite the variety of treatment options, some people still depend on removable dentures to fill the gaps in their smiles.
Recently, removable dentures have been linked to many health complications. Many of these health issues stem from challenges in eating certain foods. Here are some of the major drawbacks of choosing dentures near you:
- Decreased bite force- removable dentures have been associated with a major decrease in biting capabilities. Those who have worn dentures for more than 15 years are especially likely to have issues with their biting force. In most cases, this is due to the instability of dentures and reduced chewing strength.
- Trouble maintaining a balanced diet- it has been found that nearly one-half of all denture wearers consume far fewer vegetables and fruits than those with natural teeth. A reduction in bite force can have a big impact on a person’s food selection. Most people with dentures do not eat the foods they used to enjoy eating due to discomfort and difficulties chewing.
- Higher risk of bone deterioration- when you have missing teeth, the tooth root is no longer available to stimulate the development of the jawbone. While dentures mimic the appearance of missing teeth, they do nothing to prevent the bone from deteriorating.
- Increased gastrointestinal issues- eating a high fiber diet is important for maintaining good gastrointestinal health. Since those who have dentures struggle to chew foods containing fiber, they are more likely to experience problems with their digestion.
- Shorter life expectancy- one of the main reasons that a dental clinic near you will suggest that you think about other dental restorations rather than dentures is that dentures can shorten your life. Years of malnutrition, bone deterioration, and gastrointestinal problems can take their toll on your overall health and lead to a decreased overall lifespan.
Consider Dental Implants as an Affordable Alternative to Removable Dentures
Dental implants are considered by many dental professionals to be the best option for dental restorations. Our dental clinic in Winnipeg is happy to provide dental implants and speak to you about ways to make the process simple and affordable. The exact cost of dental implants will depend on your specific needs, and our dedicated team of dental professionals will work with you to create the perfect treatment plan. To learn more about dental implants, please contact us and book your consultation today.
You can visit here to know about the abovethenews. On the other hand, you can also get more essential info on dbfile. Here is the best news portal thoughtco where you can get the latest news around the world.
We look forward to helping you transform your smile and maintain optimal oral health for years to come.