The snoring sound is quite irritating and disturbs other person’s sleep. Moreover, many consider snoring to be a nuisance, thus they try to avoid it. It is a known fact that people who snore often become a laughing stock. However, the truth is that it is a medical issue that needs to be treated.
In Rockville, there are many sleep specialists providing medical services to get rid of sleeping problems forever. The issue of snoring Rockville, is diagnosed after conducting some tests and with the aid of advanced medical science technology the problem is effectively addressed.
Snoring is the unpleasant sound made by a person while they are asleep. The sound can be like rattling, grumbling or snorting. Most people snore at times in sleep due to varied reasons. It is stated to be a health problem when the person snores every time while they are sleeping.
Causes of snoring during sleep
- It happens because of the vibration of tissues present in the nasal passage of the throat while the person sleeps.
- The major cause is the obstruction of airflow while breathing. A blocked nose or throat due to nasal congestion is a common cause. It can be because of allergies, having cold symptoms, enlarged tonsils, deviated septum or adenoids.
- The weak muscle present in the throat and tongue can narrow the path of the breathing airway. Mostly, aged people face such problems. People consuming excessive alcohol or sleeping under the influence of heavy medications tend to snore because of weak muscle tone.
- Obesity is a common cause of snoring. The surplus tissue present in the neck and throat narrows the airway resulting in the person snoring.
- Smoking. It causes nasal congestion and eventually, the airway remains partially blocked.
Usually, family members or bedmate tells the person about their snoring habit. If not, there are multiple signs that indicate you are experiencing snoring problem.
The telltale signs of snoring are:
- Waking up with a dry mouth makes you feel quite thirsty.
- Often troubled with a sore throat.
- Fatigue and headache are part of your life.
- Gasping for breath during sleep that wakes you up at night.
- Feeling of restlessness many times a day.
Snoring can be a symptom of obstructive sleep apnea, thus it will be beneficial to consult your family doctor or sleep specialist in Rockville. They prescribe sleep study tests to diagnose the snoring issue and provide the right treatment.
Hence, when snoring is part of your daily sleep, it is best to consult well-experienced doctor without wasting time.